November 19, 2007

Remember...

With all of the stress that the holidays bring, don't forget to pamper yourself before, during and after. With Thanksgiving just a few days away, I know that I often get completely thrown for a stress loop with all of the cooking that I have to do as well as family coming over and making sure the house is clean and so forth. I make sure that I take a little time for myself during all of that chaos. A hot bubble bath the night before Thanksgiving helps me to achieve a state of relaxation enabling me to get a good night's sleep. On Thanksgiving morning, I take time early in the day to have a cup of coffee and watch a bit of the Macy's parade on television. It sounds trivial, but its that small amount of time that allows me to go on with everything I have to do that day.

Once the meal is done, the turkey is reduced to a carcass and everyone has gone their own way, I again have myself a nice hot bubble bath complete with aromatherapy oils and candles. It's my way of winding down after a day filled with mass quantities of food, family and noise. Be wise and take the time for you. I promise you, that you won't regret it and you'll thank yourself in the end.

No comments: