October 23, 2007

Making the move

Did you ever stop to think that maybe your dating game isn't all that its cracked up to be because of no fault of your own? Yeah, believe it or not, the perfect guy may be out there giving you the eye but he's lacking the confidence and the game to let you know. Contrary to popular belief, guys often have a difficult time with self esteem and confidence. They're no different than us girls. Men just don't like to admit that they might need a little bit of help when it boils down to how to meet women. It's a macho thing, I'm sure. Understandably so. I mean, I'm sure it was a male who was the original pick up artist
.

Here is a little tidbit of info for you. Men like it when we make things easier for them. Yes, I know...playing hard to get is part of the game for us girls. True. However, there is a time and place for that. When a man is obviously lacking a bit of self confidence, that is not the time to play hard to get. You're trying to get the guy, not scare him away from the dating scene for life. In my opinion, nice guys deserve a shot. Cut them some slack and give them a break. Make the first move. If you think there is some mutual interest, why don't you buy them a drink? Why must the man always make the first move? You've got nothing to lose except your pride. And trust me, in the dating scene, pride must take a back seat at times. You can't be too proud to step up to the plate and let a guy know you're interested.

Dating doesn't have to be a drudgery. Trust me, it's not going to get any easier as you get older. I speak from experience on that one. If I've learned anything over the years, it's to go with my instinct. If I feel like I'm getting the eye from a hottie, then I'm going to give him the eye back. I'm going to flirt a little bit. Let him know that I see that eye and I'm raising him on the deal. Guys certainly don't want to have to do all of the work but most will not shy away from a challenge.

So the next time you're out at the club and the DJ starts spinning your favorite tune, sashay right over to that one that's been giving you the look all evening long, grab him by the hand and drag him out to the dance floor. Get your groove on. Who knows, you might just gain a lot more than a dance!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guys have to embrace their inner diva. If you want to see that in action then check out the blog of a pick up artist named V; http://www.BecomingAPUA.com