October 18, 2007

Be Wise, Be Healthy

I'm a firm believer in trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I may not be a size 6, but I still insist upon eating intelligently. I'm very conscious of what I consume and I do my best to be consistent in my nutritional habits.

It's important that if you're just starting out with new and healthier changes in your diet, that you keep a food diary. You need to be able to track your eating style. Do you tend to eat more at night versus the morning? Are you a habitual snacker? Do you consume a great deal more sugar than necessary? Keeping a journal of all of your food intake in the beginning is a great tool to getting some insight into how and why you eat what you eat. It goes beyond counting calories. You've got to maintain a healthy caloric intake as well as monitoring your carbs, fat grams and sugar intake. If you're unsure of how to keep track of these things, then you're best bet will be to find a calorie counter to help you out in the beginning. After a while, you'll be able to judge things with a sensible view.

Remember...it's not dieting that we all need. It's a lifestyle change. Making these healthy changes in your diet needs to be something that you take with you for the rest of your life. Being healthy is the only way to be!

No comments: