August 25, 2007

Changes

First of all, apologies for the gap in posting. Moving one's household and worldly possessions to a new home takes up a lot of time, blood, sweat and tears. Need I say that I detest moving? Way too much manual labor involved for this diva!

Since my last post, my love life has taken a turn for the toilet. Yep, that's right. I got dumped. But you know...its okay. I'm actually fine with this. I actually should have ended this relationship long ago but I made the grave mistake of dragging it out. Why did I do this you ask? Because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find anyone else. I was settling. It was only after the break-up that I realized how much stress and tension was released from me. I had been staying in a relationship that had died long ago and in doing so, I was slowly killing off very valuable parts of myself and who I am.

Don't make this mistake. Learn the value of yourself and all that you are worth. Do not let any man (or woman for that matter) validate you as a person. You need to be your own validation in life. I spent four years seeking validation from a man who I knew I wasn't meant to be with. Trust me when I say that looks aren't everything when it comes to a relationship. You can be with a complete god or goddess but if the love is missing...if the passion is gone...if the chemistry has dissipated, then heed my advice and move on. You will truly be surprised at the weight that is lifted from your shoulders.

Now comes the fun part in being a single woman. I actually have the freedom to start looking all over again. At first I saw this as a task. I saw it as drudgery and something I wanted to avoid at all cost. But then I re-evaluated the situation. I pulled myself up by the boot straps and had a good conversation with my inner-diva. I'm still very much a young woman. I am just now in my prime at almost 37 years of age. I get the pleasure of experiencing meeting new people. New men. New challenges. I'm excited to be single again. Mind you, I hope that it doesn't last for a long period of time as I do hope to meet an incredible man some day but for now, I'm certainly going to bask in the thrill of being a woman on the prowl.

I do promise to be more regular with posting now that my life is getting back in order. I will get back on task and posts will be coming at regular intervals. In the meantime, continue to love the woman that you are, embrace your inner diva and go buy yourself a new pair of shoes!! Shoes always make me smile!

No comments: